Caribbean Elective has teamed up with the BOHUNT Educational Trust in the UK to provide 6 budding young environmentalists and conservationists with the opportunity of a lifetime to win a place on a Caribbean Elective Conservation programme running this July.
The 6 winning students will get to participate in a two-week-long Marine Conservation programme running from the 13th to the 27th of July in Saint Lucia. You’ll be joining a group of 30 budding young marine conservationists from the UK and together you’ll be getting hands-on contributing to ongoing conservation programmes around Saint Lucia. You’ll learn about how together we can protect Saint Lucia’s stunning natural marine ecosystems, about conservation and research techniques and then you’ll have a go yourself. All under the guidance of local and international experts.
Winning students will get the opportunity to participate in marine conservation at three separate sites in Saint Lucia over the 2-week itinerary and you’ll stay with the visiting group in hotel accommodation so you can do this. Site one is in the north of Saint Lucia, with site two being located down the west coast near Marigot Bay and the third further south. It’s an exciting and varied itinerary!
For an aspiring conservationist, environmentalist or scientist this really is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Thanks to Caribbean Elective and the BOHUNT Educational Trust each of the 6 winning applicants will win the following prize package to take part:
- Free hotel accommodation for the duration of the two-week trip
- 3 meals a day for free for the duration of the programme
- A free place on the Caribbean Elective and BOHUNT Educational Trust Conservation Programme
- Free transport to and from your hotel accommodation to conservation sites and activities every day
- A place on the Caribbean Elective scholars programme giving you access to future opportunities such as this both in Saint Lucia and internationally.
How can I apply?
It’s really easy, just fill in the competition entry form below. Those who submit the very best answers will then receive a call from the Caribbean Elective team in Saint Lucia so we can get to know you a little more. After this call, you will know if you have been successful or not.
Successful students will then be invited with their families to attend an in-person briefing event to find out all the details about the programme. It’s a great opportunity for you to get to know Caribbean Elective and our team as well! Then from the 13th of July, you will join students from the UK as they arrive in Saint Lucia for two weeks to participate in the programme.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS 7th JULY, HOWEVER, IF WE RECEIVE A SUITABLE NUMBER OF APPLICANTS PRIOR TO THIS DATE WE WILL CLOSE THE COMPETITION EARLY. SO PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Who is eligible to apply?
- You need to be aged between 16-18 years old
- Have a passion for the environment and a willingness to learn
- Be a resident of Saint Lucia or permanently in residence in Saint Lucia
- Be able to take part from the 13th to the 27th of July 2022.